It’s time once again for that most anticipated event among social media marketers of all stripes: Social Media Marketing World! Thousands of marketers from dozens of countries all over the world will descend on San Diego next week, bringing with them wit, wisdom, and lots and lots of tweets!
Whether or not you snagged a ticket to the events taking place April 17th-19th, you can be the beneficiary of all the social media savvy flying around by following the action on social media.
Last year, the event’s official hashtag saw hundreds of thousands of tweets, and this year is sure to be no different. Make sure to follow #SMMW16 to learn, laugh, and retweet.
— Sarah Matista (@SarahMatista) March 27, 2015
Another important to-do item before things heat up next week is to get your follow on. There are scores of speakers on the agenda, which you can check out here. If you want to follow along but don’t have time to peruse the whole agenda, we’ve chosen our top 20 speakers below for your convenience.
We’re looking forward to hearing from everyone at the event, and the people below in particular! Our picks are made up of people we are excited to meet, and those we really enjoyed from last year’s event.
So here they are, in order of appearance. Happy following, and we look forward to seeing your #SMMW16 tweets!
- Michael Stelzner – the host with the most and founder of Social Media Examiner
- Guy Kawasaki – Social strategist extraordinaire
- Joe Pulizzi – Founder of Content Marketing Institute
- Kim Garst – CEO of Boom! Social Media Marketing
- Rick Mulready – Social media marketing strategist
- Joel Price – San Diego Chargers’ new media maven
- Jon Loomer – Founder of Jon Loomer Digital
- Neal Schaffer – Author and social media strategist
- Amy Barton – Social media strategist for Intel
- Jay Baer – Author, president of Convince & Convert
- Mari Smith – One of the web’s original social media expert celebs
- Sue Zimmerman – Instagram strategist
- Ann Handley – Author and Chief Content Officer, MarketingProfs
- Gary Vaynerchuk – Owner of Vaynermedia
- Christopher Penn – VP of Marketing Tech at SHIFT Communications
- Jeff Lesser – Product marketing expert at Twitter
- John Jantsch – Founder of Duct Tape Marketing
- Donna Moritz – Expert at Socially Sorted
- Andrea Vahl – Author and social strategy expert
- Mark Schaefer – Marketing consultant at BusinessGrow
Are you attending this year? Let us know!
About the Author: Sarah Matista is the Marketing Communications Manager for Webs and Pagemodo. Loves marketing, small businesses, whales (not necessarily in that order). Get more from Sarah on the Webs Blog, Pagemodo blog, and Twitter.