Studies have shown that Facebook fans are more likely to spend money with your brand than customers that are not fans. Likes drive revenue and profit! With that in mind, we’ve put a list of five ways to help you get more likes for your fan page.
- Tell your friends to like you! Make sure you let everyone you actually know on Facebook that your business needs more likes, and that you would appreciate it if they visited your business page. It’s an easy way to get started and build an initial following.
- Interact with your customers. This is probably the biggest way to generate likes. It may sound obvious, but when people “like” your business, they genuinely like your business, and like you as well. If they know that the people behind the business are receptive to their wants and needs, customers will like you. Regularly responding to comments on your wall not only will help you gain more likes, but helps you have a better understanding of what your customers’ needs are.
- Put up a like gate. Pagemodo offers users the ability to put up a “like gate” or essentially a cover that hides content. It will only be removed when a person likes that page. If you hide tantalizing things behind the like gate such as a coupon or some other kind of special offer, you may very well generate many more likes. We feel a like gate is one of the most effective ways to generate high like totals, particularly if it is hiding something interesting underneath!
- Do a contest or special offer around the number of likes you want. Now be careful, Facebook has strict rules regarding likes and contests. As long as you do not specifically say the “Xth” person to like our welcome tab wins a prize, but have a contest around a general number of likes achieved, you will be ok. For instance: if your Facebook business page receives enough likes, you’ll hold a special contest. The closer you get to your likes goal, the more momentum that may build and get you to the level you want. You want the time period long enough to garner the likes you need, and you want the number of likes you want to be reasonable. You don’t want to be in the embarrassing situation of not succeeding in getting the number of likes you wanted.
- Make sure you tell people about your Facebook business page on your other marketing platforms. If you have a website, tell people to like your fan page. If you have a blog or twitter feed, mention to people to like your fan page. Again, this may coincide with a contest or some other kind of special offer. One of the most important aspects of building a great online strategy for your business is that you should always have all your marketing efforts work to support one another.
There’s nothing more fulfilling than seeing the number of likes your Facebook business page has grow. So what are you waiting for? Go and build a strategy to increase your likes and watch your business flourish!