Believe it or not, Chrome extensions have been around for almost six years! These easily installable widgets are often the easiest way to block ads, save articles for later, find coupon codes, and perform a million other actions online.
However, many of these extensions aren’t valuable to small businesses. To save you the pain of sorting and searching, we’ve compiled a top 10 list of Chrome extensions for small business.
Install these extensions to save time, make your business more successful, and boost your productivity.
1. Chrome Remote Desktop: Easily access other computers remotely or allow other people at your company to access your computer securely over the internet. Did someone say work-from-home?
2. Google Mail Checker: Displays the number of unread messages in your Gmail inbox in the top corner of your Chrome browser. Once that number gets too big, open your Gmail inbox in one click!
3. Strict Workflow: A simple extension that prevents you from wandering away from your work by blocking websites you choose for a defined amount of time. Skeptical that this forcing mechanism will work for you and your business? Try to start with YouTube to block all those addicting cat videos!
4. Evernote: Quickly and easily save all of your ideas, experiences, notes, and ideas in Evernote with one click. You will be able to access them from every computer and phone you use.
5. LastPass: Do you suffer from “password amnesia” (the inability to remember all of your passwords)? LastPass is the best-in-class password manager that saves your passwords and gives you secure access from every computer and mobile device you use. Don’t waste time with security questions and password resets!
6. Google Calendar: Easily check your Google Calendar and add new events from websites you visit.
7. Instagram for Chrome: Use Instagram directly from your browser. This chrome extension features the familiar Instagram interface making it easy to browse, like, and comment on all the photos from your feed. Step up your social game with Instagram for Chrome!
8. Wave Accounting: Have trouble keeping track of your receipts and online invoices? Wave’s easy to use accounting and invoicing software is 100% free for you and your small business.
9. Pushbullet: Bring together your devices, contacts, and the things you care about. Your business’s messages, files, photos, and links live in many places and on many devices. Pushbullet is a place where they can all come together and are easily accessible by multiple users in your business.
10. Pagemodo: Pagemodo is the best way to schedule your posts to Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn from anywhere on the internet in only one click. Automatically format articles and photos for social media and, after posting, track your post performance through Pagemodo.
Which Chrome extensions do you use to keep your business running smoothly? If you use any of the above extensions, which is your favorite and why?
We hope these extensions will jumpstart your businesses and your personal productivity in the holiday season!