It’s been a very exciting month here at Pagemodo. We have been working around the clock to introduce new features that take full advantage of the new Facebook Timeline layout. Today we are proud to announce two new features:
Optimized Timeline Themes
Pagemodo users now have the option to refresh their existing 520 px wide templates to take advantage of Timeline’s wider format. Now you have more space to tell your story! To edit your templates:
- Log into your dashboard and hover over the tab page you would like to update. Doing so will pop up a menu option with various editing options.
- Click on the gears icon and select “Update to Timeline” choice.
- After clicking the “Update to Timeline”, our system will automatically resize your existing template to a wider format. Here’s an example of how the templates will change:
- Review your page and ensure that all images are sized the way you want them. PLEASE NOTE: Wider layout widths might require some of your images to be re-uploaded in order to ensure image quality and dimensions continue to render properly.
- Re-publish your wider template by clicking on the Publish tab and you are done!
Customizable Tab Images
In addition to newly optimized wider templates, we are happy to announce the new tab image customization feature. This option is available in your publish step:
- To get started, click to edit tab
- You will be prompted with an “Edit Tab Icon” tool that allows you to edit the background look and feel of your custom tab and your call-to-action language.
- Once the tab look and feel is to your liking, don’t forget to save the changes.
Looking to do more customization to your tab image? Discover how to change your tab image using Facebook Admin tools.
Please note that customizable tab images feature is currently only available for users that are publishing their apps for the first time. However, we are working around the clock to bring this feature to all our users.
Stay tuned – this is just the beginning! We have an onslaught of exciting product features in the works for you.