As the news about the new Timeline layout for Facebook Fan pages has spread, some users have raised a few questions about its impact on Pagemodo custom tabs.
To answer some frequently asked questions, let’s review a few key items:
- Your Pagemodo Tabs Will Continue to Work: Upon launching of the new Facebook Timeline layout for Facebook Fan pages, all your Pagemodo custom pages will still work.
- Launch Date: Though you can already preview your Timeline, there is no rush to convert your fan page to the new layout. Facebook will automatically convert all Pages to the Timeline format on March 30, 2o12.
- Like Gates Still Work: Any pages you have created with Like-gates will continue to function.
- Default Tabs: The new default landing page for your fan page will be your timeline. You can’t change the default landing view to another view or app, but you can link people directly to a particular view or app on your Page. Find the URL for a view or app on your Page in the web address bar of your browser when you visit that view or app. Discover how to drive traffic to your custom tabs with Timeline.
- Wider Tabs: The Timeline introduction increases the available space for custom tabs from 520 pixels to 810 pixels. Your Pagemodo tabs will seamlessly fit the new width automatically – no change required on your part.
- Tab Positioning: Your tabs will still be on your page, however they will appear right below your pages’ cover image. Learn how to change the order of your tabs.
- Custom Tab Icons: As the site owner, you now have complete control over the imagery chosen for your custom tabs. Learn how to change your custom tab image.
Pagemodo is dedicated to providing the best tools for small businesses to get the most out of their Facebook marketing. Thanks for being a member of Pagemodo and we look forward to continuing to offer you the best Facebook marketing tools for small businesses.
If you have any additional questions feel free to contact our support team here.
The Pagemodo Team