Yesterday we asked our Facebook fans what their top Timeline related questions were. We received a lot of questions and today would like to answer them for you:
1. Can I get rid of Timeline or disable it?
Timeline layout is the new standard format for Fan Pages on Facebook and there is no way to turn it off.
2. Can I still have a default welcome page using Timeline?
With the new layout change, Facebook removed the option for admins to set default welcome pages. Now all fans will automatically land to your Wall page. Don’t let this discourage you from using custom tabs as they are now more important than ever (but more on that in a little bit).
3. Where can I find the new fan page stats?
In order to see your page stats, go to your fan page using an account that has admin privileges. Doing so will provide you with access to the following admin options that will display above your Fan Page: :
- Notifications – resent actions that took place on your page.
- Messages – direct messages sent to your page (if you have this option enabled).
- New Likes – Number of new fans/followers.
- Insights – Facebook stats showcasing frequency of your posts, how many people are talking about your page and the reach of stories posted on your page.
4. How to make posts from others show up in my timeline?
As a page admin you have the option to display “Recent Posts by Others” on your page. You can find this option by going to:
- “Manage” tab located along the top of your fan page (will only be visible if you log in with an account that has admin privileges to your fan page).
- Select “Edit Page” option.
- Go to “Manage Permissions” section.
- Enable post visibility option “Show the box ‘Recent Posts by Others’”.
- Save Changes.
5. How to get more likes now that you can’t make it a requirement for others to see your content?
Keep in mind that the name of the game is not quantity but quality. You don’t really gain anything if, for example, you have 1,000 likes from random people on Facebook that will never use your services or interact with your page. Instead, concentrate on growing quality followers made up of your current and potential customers. Check out 3 tips how you can use Facebook to grow your products/services.
6. The number of impressions per post have dropped, how can I influence these numbers?
On average 10-20% of your fans will ever see a single post on ticker, news feed or by going to your Timeline. Thus, your goal should be to create content that is relevant/important for your fans and to ensure that you are posting on regular basis. Think of your posts as mini stories.
If you are a story teller, nobody wants to read the same story over and over again. Try to switch up the type of information you are posting. Try testing posting imagery, videos, and asking questions in order to determine the type of content your fans respond to the most. The more they respond, the higher the chances are that your next post will show up in their news feed or ticker section. You can also test frequency of posting. On average try to post 3-5 times per week (of course this number varies depending on your industry and target audience).
Have additional questions? Post below.