At this point in the season, you’re probably already up to your ears in holiday marketing advice. But if you only look at one more item, let it be this adorable infographic about the impact of social media on holiday sales.
Creates by the marketing firm Mr. Youth, the research data in this infographic shows the effect of social interaction in three major areas:
– 96% of social media users made of received recommendations on Facebook.
– 65% of users made a purchase based on a recommendation the got on social media.
– 36% of social media users trust brands that have social profiles more than those that do not
– 52% of users are more likely to spend more on an item from a brand that they trust.
– Just 55% of brands respond to consumers who comment on their Facebook page.
– 80% of users who commented and received a response made a purchase as a result.
[click the image to enlarge]