Are your social media pages running a little low on engaging content? Lucky for you, there’s a holiday coming up! Holidays are a great way to kick-start a lackluster social media space and re-engage your followers.
With October 31st coming up next week, we thought you might enjoy a list of Halloween Social Media promotions. Try one (or all!) of them out, and let us know how you did!
1. Host a Halloween costume contest on Facebook, and use the winner’s photo as your cover photo for a day. It will drive engagement on your page, get users to share their photos with you, and show newcomers that you value your followers’ participation. You can use a contest app, or simply put up a photo album for others to add to and judge the images yourself.
2. Create a costume ideas board on Pinterest, collecting great ideas from across the web for users to see. Pinterest is one of the most popular places to look for costumes on the internet, so make sure that your page is among people’s search results. Even if you don’t sell anything relating to Halloween, it will still drive traffic to your page and increase awareness and social discovery.
3. Conduct a poll using Facebook’s questions tool. You can use a question is pre-defined answers, or leave it open ended. Whether it’s their favorite candy or the scariest Halloween movie, people love to share their opinions on social media.
4. Hold a hashtag contest on Twitter. Decide what the hashtag term will be (e.g. #WebsScaryPhotos) and think of a great prize for the winner. Costume contests are fun, but think about other ideas too, like dressed up pets, best front door, or scariest cubicle decor.
5. Using a coupon app, offer up some scary good Halloween savings for your Facebook fans. Special offers are one of the most popular reasons for people to follow a brand on Facebook, so why not give your followers a little seasonal reward for their loyalty. (Pagemodo offers a coupon app, if you need one)
What kind of Halloween promotions are you planning to run this year?