What is a custom welcome tab?
A custom welcome tab is a tab on your company’s Facebook fan page that features unique content and introduces visitors to your business in a stylish and memorable way. When new visitors arrive on your page, it’s the first thing they see.
Here’s an example of a great custom welcome tab made with Pagemodo:
Why should I make a custom welcome tab?
Create a custom welcome tab to make a great first impression on your Facebook page visitors and to persuade them to become fans of your page!
- When a potential customer visits your Facebook page for the first time, the custom welcome tab will explain what your business is and does via eye-catching photos and welcoming text
- You can highlight your products, services, or best work on the welcome tab
- It’s the perfect place to ask visitors to “like” the page, and to explain what they’ll get by doing so (sneak peeks? discounts? breaking news?)
- It’s a space for informing people about events and opportunities, and for linking them to your blog or website
In the example above, Two Stones Salon & Spa lets me know that it offers massages in a soothing atmosphere, which is reinforced by the photos of hot stones and candles. They even have a “Visit Site” button for when I realize that I want to book an appointment.
How can I make a welcome tab?
If you can click a mouse, you can use Pagemodo to easily create a professional-looking welcome tab and then publish it on your Facebook fan page in minutes.
- Pick a template. Almost all of Pagemodo’s clean, crisp templates make great Welcome tabs (only the Contact Form and Fan Coupon templates are better saved for their specific purposes). Your Welcome tab can show off multiple photos, make a statement with one huge image, or share an embedded video. The template does most of the design work for you!
- Add your unique content. It’s easy to upload and crop photos that tell your business’s story. Just point and click to add text. You can even include a Google map, a contact form, or your Twitter feed—no technical skills needed. Plus, you can customize the template’s color scheme to match your brand.
- Instant success. After you publish your welcome tab with a single click, it automatically becomes the default landing tab where new visitors to your Facebook business page will arrive. Effortless!
It’s invaluable to have a custom Facebook page with a welcome tab that introduces your business as a trustworthy, inviting, and generous brand. People will engage with your content, become fans, and suggest your page to their friends. And that’s how brands get big!
P.S. Keep an eye out for a future blog post where we go into more detail about default landing tabs.