Are you looking for a way to increase the reach of your social posts? How about a simple and seamless way to integrate your social profiles and your blog or website? Then friend, it’s time you explored the world of Embedded Posts.
According to Facebook, Embedded Posts are a way to put public posts – by a Page or a person – into the content of your website or web page. You can now embed public posts posted on Facebook and Google+.
Once embedded and published live, Embedded Posts are fully interactive and display the exact same way as the social platform from which they came. For Facebook posts, that means your Embedded Posts will count reach, comments, can be shared, and grow post and page likes. For Google+ posts, visitors will be able to +1 a post, comment, and follow the page.
Here’s an example of a Facebook Embedded Post from our page, try it for yourself:
How to Embed a Facebook Post
The option to embed publicly-posted Facebook posts rolled out to everyone in late July of this year, and the process is super simple. Once you have decided on the post you want to embed, follow these two steps:
- Hover over the post menu located in the top right corner and select ‘Embed Post’ option. Note, this option is available for both the pages you admin and any other publicly posted information on Facebook.
- Next, you will be presented with a pop up window that provides code and a preview of what the post will look like once embedded. The code will already be highlighted for you. (Quick Tip: To copy the code you can use keyboard shortcut CTRL+C)
Now it’s time to paste your code into the code of your website or blog. It really is that simple!
How to Embed a Google + Post
Similar to the functionality available on Facebook, Google+ introduced ability to embed public Google+ posts on other sites. To get started:
- Click on the post menu located in the upper right-hand corner and select ‘Embed Post’ option
- Copy provided code and paste it into your blog or website.
It is important to note that Google+ has set policies by which you must abide by when embedding someone else’s posts. You can find Embedded Content Policy here.
Embedded Posts Can Benefit Your Marketing Initiatives
There are a lot of different ways you can use embedded posts. Here are just a few examples put together by Social Media Examiner :
- Demonstrate social proof – If you have stumbled across a great review about your company or a brand, embedded posts provide a super simple way to showcase such positive testimonials.
- Quote sources – Now you don’t have to figure out how to take high resolution screenshots of someone else’s posts. Showcase how others are using social or reference a social media guru in a very interactive way.
- Extend the reach of your media – Since embedded posts are fully interactive, posting them on other channels, will help boost their reach.
- Boost Post engagement – Gain additional post exposure by showcasing posts in the channels you customers are accustomed visiting in addition to your fan page.
- Show off your best Facebook content – Strapped for ideas on what to post on your blog? Why not shop your social media closet? Use Facebook insights to pull your best posts and embed them on the blog as a new post. Presto! You have new content without a lot of work.
Now that you have a bit more details around how easy it is to embed a posts, do you see yourself using this feature extensively as part of your marketing mix?