In recognition of the invention-iversary of everyone’s favorite social network, we’ve pulled together some fairly jaw-dropping Facebook stats from around the web. If you want to really have your mind blown, consider the question posed by TIME Tech – what if Facebook had never been invented? Obviously that premise scares us here at Pagemodo, since we are in the business of making Facebook a more beautiful and efficient place, but you can decide for yourself what life would be like without the social giant.
So blow out those candles and have a great 10th birthday, Facebook. You don’t look a day over 7.
10 Surprising Facebook Statistics
- Facebook has topped 1.5 billion users worldwide (Jeff Bullas)
- Over 60% of Facebook users log in every single day (oursocialtimes)
- Just 7% of the US population has not heard of Facebook (thesocialskinny)
- Every day on Facebook, users watch 500 years’ worth of YouTube videos (socialmediatoday)
- Of all the page views on the internet, 20% come from Facebook (thesocialskinny)
- 73% of Facebook users access the site on a mobile device (Social Strand)
- Of all internet users in the US, 67% are on Facebook (Business Insider)
- Nearly all of Interbrand’s Top 100 B2C brands have a presence on Facebook (MediaPost)
- 47% of Americans say that Facebook is their #1 purchase influencer (Jeff Bullas)
- Facebook posts created using Pagemodo Posts in the last year have been viewed over 100 million times (Pagemodo)